2 baby back ribs
For the pork rub
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. Baba’s all-purpose FujiFuji sauce original
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. dark muscovado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170º Celsius.
- For the glaze, place a small saucepan over a low heat. Mix all the glaze ingredients in the pan then heat through for about 2 minutes. Transfer the sauce into a bowl to cool.
- For the pork rub, combine all the dry ingredients. Next, rub the oil over the ribs (back and front) followed by evenly rubbing on the dry seasoning.
- Place a long sheet of baking paper over a long sheet of kitchen foil, then sit a pork rib on top, front side down. Spread 1 tbsp. of the glaze on the back of the ribs followed by 2 tbsp. of the glaze on the front side. Wrap tightly like a parcel. Repeat for the other rib.
- Place the ribs on a baking tray and cook in the centre of the oven for 2 ½ hours or until tender.
- Once tender, remove the pork from the oven gently peel away the foil and baking. Brush about 2 tbsp. of the glaze on top of each rib. Gently transfer the ribs on to a serving tray.
- Pour the juices remaining in the baking paper into a saucepan followed by any leftover glaze. Heat up slowly on a low heat then pour into a small pot.
- Serve the ribs and sauce immediately and enjoy!