For the burger
- 600g pork shoulder joint
- 8 tablespoons Fuji Fuji
- 6 burger buns, toasted on one side
- 50ml apple juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 lettuce
For the coleslaw
- 1 small cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 1 large carrot
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
Serving 6 people
- Preheat oven at 180ºC / 350ºF / gas mark 4
- In a bowl add and stir together the Fuji Fuji, fennel seeds and garlic salt.
- Add pork and coat in the spice mixture then leave to marinate for at least an hour, preferably overnight in a fridge.
- Place the marinated pork in a baking tray, pour in the apple juice, cover with foil and roast for 5 hours. For the last 30 minutes remove the foil cover to reduce the cooking juices. Once cooked, shred the meat using two forks.
- Whilst the meat is cooking, prepare the coleslaw by finely slicing the cabbage, onion and carrot. Mix in the mayonnaise.
- Toast the burger buns, then layer each up with the pulled pork, coleslaw and lettuce.